- I will keep constantly in mind that until men grow wings their parachutes must be dependable.
- I will pack every parachute as though I am to jump with it myself, and will stand ready to jump with any parachute which I have certified as properly packed.
- I will remember always that the other man’s life is as dear to him as mine is to me.
- I will never resort to guesswork, as I know that chance is a fool’s gold and that I, a rigger, cannot depend on it.
- I will never pass over any defect, nor neglect any repair, no matter how small, as I know that omissions and mistakes in the rigging of a parachute may cost a life.
- I will keep all parachute equipment entrusted to my care in the best possible condition, remembering always that little things left undone cause major troubles.
- I will never sign my name to a parachute inspection or packing certificate unless I have personally performed or directly supervised every step, and am entirely satisfied with all the work.
- I will never let the idea that a piece of work is “good enough” make me a potential murderer through a careless mistake or oversight, for I know there can be no compromise with perfection.
- I will keep always a wholehearted respect for my vocation, regarding it as a high profession rather than a day-to-day task, and will keep in mind constantly my grave responsibility.
- I will be sure-always.
Source unknown. If you know where this originated, please write the webmaster.